[3830] ARRL 10 WA6L SO CW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa6l@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 WA6L SO CW QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 08:19:27 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WA6L
Operator(s): WA6L
Station: WA6L

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: Alpine, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 8

   CW:  185    52
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  185    52  Total Score = 38,480

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

5 watts never felt so good!  This is my 4th or 5th year running this contest as
QRP, and there is absolutely no comparison with previous years.  I was working
just about everything I could hear, and there was a lot to hear.

In eight hours of S&P over the two days I got 40 sections and 12 DX, including
6 new band-countries.  One of those was Ireland, which I almost went right by
thinking it was an EA instead of an EI.  I was feeling pretty big on Saturday
and tried a run, but that did not work out so well.

I had no luck with the 7-area, missing the sections up the coast as well as NM,
UT, and CO.  I never heard Hawaii either.  California was no picnic either and
only got a couple of the locals.

John, WA6L

Elecraft K3 @ 5 Watts
SteppIR