[3830] ARRL 10 GM3W M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 GM3W M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 02:34:51 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: GM3W
Operator(s): GM3SEK, MM0WNW
Station: GM3W

Class: M/S HP
QTH: SW Scotland
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:  491    95
  SSB:  714   101
-------------------
Total: 1205   196  Total Score = 664,832

Club: Other (specify when prompted)

Comments:

We decided to enter the "Mr & Mrs" section, with Ian GM3SEK
mostly on CW and Nadine MM0WNW on SSB, and using the
Wigtownshire ARC callsign GM3W. Unfortunately we also
had an invitation for Saturday afternoon that couldn't be
refused, so we lost one precious spell of US prime-time.

We ended with 1205 QSOs, 196 multipliers and lots of
valuable experience for us both. Obviously we'd have
done much better if we hadn't missed Saturday afternoon,
but both of us thoroughly enjoyed the contest - the
"Mr / Mrs, CW / SSB" format suits us very well, and
we're already making plans for next year.