[3830] ARRL 10 NA5TR SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rustypers@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 NA5TR SO SSB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 20:24:02 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: NA5TR
Operator(s): NA5TR
Station: NA5TR

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 18.1

   CW:
  SSB: 1235   105
-------------------
Total: 1235   105  Total Score = 259,350

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Friday night started well, but Murphy came calling:  At 0115 UTC my rotator
jammed pointing 330, where it stayed the rest of the contest.  Still, when the
band shut down I had 304 Qs in the log.

Saturday I finished assembling my 2nd 10M antenna and installed it at 55 ft
pointing NE. So I now had 2 "fixed" antennas, NE and NW.  They played pretty
well, actually.  I worked a fair number of of S. Am. off the back of the NW,
and some Oceana off the back of the NE.  Don't think I will stay in this
configuration, though, but it was effective when running stations to be able to
change direction by simply switching antennas.  I am a believer.

After I get the rotator down, repaired, and up again, improvement plans call
for a fixed antenna at about 40 ft pointing 130.

In this contest, I worked NWT, S. Korea, and China for the first time.  Overall
it was fun, but I sure would have liked to have those hours back I spent getting
a 2nd antenna up on Saturday!