[3830] TBDC K2QO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, msadams60@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K2QO Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 06:35:14 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K2QO
Operator(s): K2QO
Station: K2QO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN03
Operating Time (hrs): 12.5

Total:  QSOs = 416  Total Score = 1,725

Club: Western NY DX Association

Comments:

Picking a category to play in was tough. I did not want to go against the local
killer buzz saw operators, K2ZR and N2CU, who were likely to be in QRP, so I
used my new-to-me KAT100 for the K2 and ran 100W to a single wire antenna. That
wire is a 130' vertical with its feedpoint 7' off the ground. Four radials
complete the arrangement. It seems to work FB!

As a rabid VHF rover, I really enjoy the grid square exchange. The distance
scoring and multiplier for working QRP and LP stations is very cool too.

73,
Mark K2QO
FN03ra