[3830] TBDC W4MJA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4MJA@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC W4MJA Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 11:09:01 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W4MJA
Operator(s): W4MJA
Station: W4MJA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA EM73
Operating Time (hrs): 2

Total:  QSOs = 44  Total Score = 182

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Not sure if I calculated my score correctly - but the number of contacts is
correct.

This was my first Stew Perry Top Band Challenge as well as my first 160 contest
ever. I see why itâ??s called the â??gentlemenâ??s bandâ?? â?" lots of good
operators. I see why 160 can be really addicting.

Never even thought about doing this one seriously â?" adjusting from the
Pacific time zone and getting the house ready for guests the next day kept me
busy. Just casual contesting at it's finest. All S&P, no CQing.

Was surprised at how well my 160 antenna worked â?" 20M lazy H with the feeders
shorted, fed against radials. I still need to add more radials, but I worked
everything I heard last night on the first call.

FT-1000MP + Inrad, 20M Lazy H with feeders shorted, fed against radials, K9AY
loop.