[3830] TBDC W1NN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC W1NN Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 12:54:01 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 11

Total:  QSOs = 301  Total Score = 900

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Remotely operated from Tokyo.  Does this qualify for an award?  Maybe the
longest cord between key and radio (approx 6,000 miles)award?

Win-Test scored this at exactly 600 points and I added another 300 points above
to reflect the low power mult but there is no way to really calculate the score
on this end because the power of stations worked is needed.

I am using a compromise all band antenna which is up only about 35 feet in the
middle so this antenna is even worse than my regular poor antenna, and I could
definitely feel the difference.  Only one or two EU stations heard and none
worked, and it was a major struggle to work anyone west of the Rockies (except
K7QQ heard me right away).  Never did make it into W7RN's log although he made
a nobel effort to get my grid.  I felt like I was QRP. I QRTed before Ohio
sunrise so I'm not sure what I might have missed.

But it was still lots of fun.  And no sleep lost.  The band started getting
active right after I woke up on Sunday morning local time and I kept at it on
and off straight through until dinner time.  What a great way to operate a 160
contest!

Thanks to the Boring folks and Seasons Greetings to all.

73, Hal W1NN