[3830] TBDC K9NW(@K9UWA) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9nw@qth.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K9NW(@K9UWA) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:42:13 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K9NW
Operator(s): K9NW
Station: K9UWA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Indiana
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:  QSOs = 525  Total Score = 1,782

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Nothing spectacular to report.  Thought that maybe with the A/K setting at 0 for
a long time there might be an uptick in condx.....bzzt.  Activity seemed down.
I suppose with the general decline in Topband condx compared to years past this
could be expected.  But others seem to have found plenty of stations to work so
I don't know....maybe I just need to hear more of 'em.  I bagged it around
0620z after going seven minutes between two QSOs and then another seven until
the next one.  Got back on around 1030z but found no sunrise enhancement in
condx nor activity.

DX:  Only 19 EU.  3 SA.  3 NA.  1 OC (KH6)  No JA.  No VK/ZL.

24 DXCC
202 Grids

I wish stations to the east ("east" being relative) would consider QSYing out
of the 1810-1825 JA window in the morning when it's no longer viable for them
to work JA, making room for those to the west that still have that opportunity.
 At least in this contest, there's more than ample room for post-sunrise CQing
above 1825.  Just a thought.  Til then it's tighten up the passband and squeeze
in somewhere.

Wishing y'all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

73, Mike K9NW