[3830] TBDC K8FC Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8fc@k8fc.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K8FC Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 16:06:22 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K8FC
Operator(s): K8FC
Station: K8FC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WNY FN13
Operating Time (hrs): 13

Total:  QSOs = 545  Total Score = 2,046

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Conditions from here were not the best, at least for me.  No Asia in the log and
the farthest west from this qth was KH6.  The highest point value for me was a
17 from UU7J.  Thank you Andy for hanging in there.

Signals were arriving from different angles throughout the evening.  Some of it
made me think that the switching for the rx antennas was faulty.  :-).  Having
separate directional rx antennas are great for chasing dx in a low noise
environment but stink when you are trying to work a contest.  Having good RDF
is not a plus when someone is calling you from the opposite direction.  My
apologies to all that I had to ask to repeat until I found you.

Euro stations were surprisingly strong in daylight/dusk hours here before I
started up. I could hear them extremely well but it was one way communications
for many hours before I started to get across   the pond as it were.

The late morning hours really drag on with low qso return.  By this time you
have scoured the band and are looking at diminishing returns.  High coffee
consumption time.

Thanks for the points.