[3830] RTTY Roundup KI7MT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ki7mt@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup KI7MT Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 18:04:01 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KI7MT
Operator(s): KI7MT
Station: KI7MT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Montana
Operating Time (hrs): 13.5

------------
   80:    0
   40:    0
   20:  433
   15:  364
   10:  207
------------
Total: 1004  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 32  Total Score = 84,336

Club:

Comments:

Well now, that was interesting.

Part time effort, daylight hours only.

I moved the shack this year and haven't put any low band antennas back up. In
addition to that, I had problems with RF in the shack on 10/15 so they were all
low power. I don't think I had RFI on 20M, or at least, any that I could detect.
I also had problem after problem with software, that was really frustrating.

That's the bad news, the good new is, who says you can't have fun contesting
with junk yard verticals :-) I knew things were on the up when, on Saturday, I
worked worked an East coast station, then West, then VK calls in, I was a bit
bit surprised, then ZL was shortly after, work a few more US, then ZS calls in,
all within the space of a few minutes.

You guys would laugh if you saw the antennas here (I should take a picture).
10M is a 3/4" PVC pipe with 10ga wire tapped to the mast with 4 radials & coax
choke, whole thing about 8ft off the ground. 15m is scrap piece of copper pipe
4 radials same style choke, 20m about the same as 15m but it's a bit higher.

I only spent 5 hours on 20M (most of Sunday afternoon), but it was allot of fun
(forgiving the qrm). At one point I had stack after stack that seemed like it
took hours to go though. I didn't clock it, but it's one of those things that
keeps golfers going back for more, had one great hole the whole day and he's
hooked.

It makes me wonder ( if not a little envious ) what I could do with a couple of
towers packed with yagis, or at least one on each and SO2R.

In any case, thanks to all those that called in, was allot of fun, and a good
warm up for the WPX.

73's Greg, KI7MT

Rig: FT-1000MP
Ant: Monoband Junkbox Verticals