[3830] RTTY Roundup W4UH Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W4UH Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 19:29:40 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W4UH
Operator(s): W4UH
Station: W4UH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Florida
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:   48
   40:  433
   20:  725
   15:  695
   10:    8
------------
Total: 1909  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 71  Total Score = 244,352

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

This contest is turning out to be one of my favorites because its only 24 hours
out of 30 so it allows us old guys to get some rest Saturday night. Speaking of
old guys, one format change I would like to see a SOHP assisted class added.

Band conditions and activity seemed pretty good except the disappointment with
10m not really opening and things going a little flat Sunday PM.

This was my first RTTY Roundup running SO2R and the continuing education of
trying to improve my 2 radio skills. Since I was running SO1R last year I set
my goal about 30% higher this year for SO2R. Iâ??m very please to report that I
exceeded my goal but I have a long way to go before I can say that I have this
SO2R thing somewhat figured out. The learning curve is still very steep but
Iâ??m headed in the right direction.

It was a real blast for me and I appreciate all of the Qâ??s and you contesters
putting up with my mistakes. A special thanks goes to Don (AA5AU) and Mike
(K4GMH) for their help and encouragement.

See all of you next year with hopefully improved skills and the 40m beam out of
the yard and in the air.

73, Dan W4UH