[3830] RTTY Roundup KR1ST Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, alex@kr1st.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup KR1ST Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 19:45:07 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KR1ST
Operator(s): KR1ST
Station: KR1ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: S. Abington Twp.
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

------------
   80:   40
   40:   57
   20:  111
   15:   46
   10:   42
------------
Total:  296  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 25  Total Score = 22,200

Club:

Comments:

Rig: FT-897
Pwr: 50-100W
Ant: single 50ft doublet @ 30ft (40/220 degrees)

On Saturday afternoon and evening I operated as part of the N3XLS M/S team at
N3KAE (ops: N3KAE, KB3TJW, N3XLS, KA3QLF) which was a ton of fun and learned a
thing or two about M/S operating. Thanks for having me guys!

I also operated part of the contest Field Day style with a very simple setup
from my in-laws' home. Because I recently moved from SC to PA, I have no shack,
nor my usual equipment, and also have to do without a choice of antennas. The
FT-897 is pretty much stock and does not have optional filters that could have
been useful for a RTTY contest. The rig handles just one strong RTTY signal
every two kHz without a CW filter. That meant that I had to pass on a lot of
signals, unfortunately.

Best DX was ZL on 10 meters. I missed 7 states for WAS. Propagation seemed
rather poor to me, but then again, I may have to get used to different
propagation opportunities here.

All in all it was a fun weekend. Thanks to the N3XLS team for inviting me, and
thanks to everyone for putting your signal on the air and pulling my signal out
of the noise.

73,
--Alex KR1ST.com
http://www.airlinkexpress.org