[3830] RTTY Roundup W0LSD Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, diverken@chaffee.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W0LSD Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 09:18:24 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W0LSD
Operator(s): W0LSD
Station: W0LSD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  206
   40:  467
   20:  670
   15:  516
   10:  196
------------
Total: 2055  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 69  Total Score = 256,875

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Interesting propagation. 10 was a disappointment as far as runs, just couldn't
get anything going. Always looking to improve the score, but my biggest problem
is space (sound familar?) limits me to a dipole on 80. That band kills me for
production. This SO2R stuff is getting to be like work, couldn't even watch the
playoff games on the side. 20 and 15 turned out to be my best bands for runs. It
was my personal best effort and goal was 2,000 Qs. Highlight was being called,
on a typical stateside run on Sunday afternoon, by HZ1 and D2. I think one
factor in higher scores is most rttyers (new and old) have really "got with the
program" on contest buffers and Q's are being completed in a much quicker
sequence. Tried SO3R, with a dedicated 10 meter radio/antenna but in this
contest with a multiplier counting only once and not per band, it slowed me
down. I am not good enough to keep 3 radios humming, enough problem with Two. I
think it still might work out under certain contest rules, like spotting
assistance allowed and hunting for mults on each band, then it would seem to
make more sense, at least for me. Congrats to the guys with some really good
scores. Activity just seems to keep growing on RTTY. Thanks to all for the Qs.