[3830] RTTY Roundup W1UE(@W1KM) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, egan.dennis88@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W1UE(@W1KM) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 11:51:08 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1KM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MA - Massachusetts
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  327
   40:  545
   20:  469
   15:  659
   10:  178
------------
Total: 2178  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 77  Total Score = 285,318

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

What a weekend!  I had my macros ready, everything seemed to be full speed
ahead!  And then the contest started.

Had a dismal first hour.  Computer kept going into "standby", seemingly on its
own.  Did it do this before the contest?  Noooo!  I thought it was RFI, so I
grabbed some ferrites and wound everything on them to no avail.  I finally
looked at the new keyboard, and found that it had a "standby" button on it.
Could it be? Yes, in moving my hands around the keyboard, I kept hitting the
"standby" button!
The computer then, of course, would go into "standby".  It took almost a minute
each time I hit that button before I was back and going again.

I found 15M to be great!  In retrospect, I spent too much time on 10M and not
enough time on 20M, judging by the scores of the other top 5, but I still had a
great time.  Its always fun to have E21, YB, HZ, DS, and other good DX call me!

Congrats to AA3B and K4GMH- only 207 pts apart- to go 24 hours and have them be
.06% difference is simply amazing.  Congrats also to N2WK who is only 66 pts
behind me for 3rd place; its now all up to the log checking.  Its also amazing
that AA3B and W1UE made over 4600 Qs between them and are within 300 miles of
each other, yet never worked in this contest.

Thanks to all for the Qs and a great contest.  Maybe the 100 Qs/HR average will
come for me next year!