[3830] RTTY Roundup KD9MS Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup KD9MS Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 22:29:03 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KD9MS
Operator(s): KD9MS
Station: KD9MS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EM87mg
Operating Time (hrs): 20.5
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  175
   40:  207
   20:  266
   15:  113
   10:  102
------------
Total:  836  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 50  Total Score = 89,752

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I could tell the bands were back because it got noisy quick. At 1800z it kicked
off and I was trying to hold a frequency on 20m but got ran off within a
minute. So I found another. I was working SO2R really for the first time and
it
was great! My run radio FT-2000D running at 130 watts worked great with the
TH7DX at 56' and the Dis 7-1 at 70'. My S&P radio FT-990 at 55 watts worked
well too especialy on 10, 15 and 20. I have an ESP-14 on a short tower at 30'
and I worked what I could hear. I need to do some work on the Butternut
because
I couldn't get it to tune on 80 but my inverted vee on the main tower worked
well so I used it on 80 and kept my run radio there. I ran some during slow
times on the 990 on 40 but I have some grounding problems to take care of. All
in all it was great! I've never had such a high contact count before in any
contest. Max rate was 3 per minute for a while. That was COOL! When I went to
3580 and sat I had a run of 50 Qs in 45 minutes and then from there whet to
7049 and sat there with 49 Qs in the same 45 minutes!

Everybody worked quick and N1MM worked well with MTTY. My first contest with
this software. I like MixW a lot better for the band scope waterfall but this
was ok. N1MM did shutdown on me when I was running and tried to stop the
transmit with the ESC key. The whole program shutdown so I made a CQ macro in
the DIGI interface and just kept clicking that. Only got the {LOGTHENGRAB}
macro to work once from the stack but I never had stations stacked up anyway!
sure missed my GRAB button on the F keys! Next contest, better grounding, fix
the HF6V and clean my desk! I really had a lot of fun and I look foreard to
the
next one.

73, DE Craig KD9MS

P.S. It was nice to catch some SMCers on the air!