[3830] NAQP CW AA8IA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa8ia@aa8ia.org
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW AA8IA Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 21:23:16 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: AA8IA
Operator(s): AA8IA
Station: AA8IA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Toronto Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 1:09

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:   0      0
   20:   0      0
   15:  17     10
   10:  33      8
-------------------
Total:  50     18  Total Score = 900

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

I really shined in this one!   Actually, I'm still enjoying my winter sebbatical
and figured I'd jump on for an hour just because.   Only a 10-20m wire hanging
at about 15 feet.   During the winter, I make a conscious decision to try and
avoid the radio.   For all the enjoyment it provides, I really can't stand
having to swap out antennas, feedlines every weekend.   This is especially true
in winter.   Last thing I wanted to do in single digit wind chills was to get my
main dipole raised up in the air, or have to take it back down after the
contest.   Dragging the coax in through the basement sliding glass door and
then dealing with the draft isn't pleasant either.   Definitely not worth it
for a stateside contest.   Hey, I like most of you guys and gals, but not that
much.

Highlight was working two other IAs (Dan, K7IA and Bob K8IA) on 15m, one after
the other, separated by a kilohertz.   They made a nice tag team effort.

Thanks for the Qs, folks.  I only S&P'd this time.