[3830] NAQP CW VE9AA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW VE9AA Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 21:24:47 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs): 9.99

  160:   42    24
   80:   93    38
   40:  162    41
   20:  139    35
   15:  109    31
   10:   30     9
-------------------
Total:  575   178  Total Score = 104,650

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Team: MCC Mostly Cold Canucks

Comments:

Hit the ground running (late) as we had company.

 I don't think 10m was any better 23 minutes earlier @ the opening gun.  What a
difference 20 or 30 sunspots make, eh?  10m was flat...Even N4BP in FLA was
barely 519....a month or two ago he would've been 30/9 in my car.
Gah....sunspots <g>

15m was "OK"-ish...had  a number or requests to QSY to 10m and think I may have
worked one of the many that requested.  Sorry guys.  10m was flat up here and
closes earlier than out west....after a while I just stopped taking QSY
requests for 10m.  Later on, I did accomodate requests for 40-80 & 160m

Rest of the bands so-so....80m kinda came alive at one point, then went all
hollow so I went to 160m where it was better, but fewer stns.  (just can't win,
hi)

Quiet in the shack (no amp fans...heck, no amps!)_  Folks were generally well
behaved and hardly heard an amplifier.  Did hear one or two amps from stations
running, so can either assume they:
A) didn't read the rules
B) Sending a check log
C) well, you know....leave that one to your imagination.

Participation good. I think this was my best score in this one.

  Had a laugh at some of the names being tossed around as it certainly keeps
one on their toes. HI !

Wire Ground-Planes for all bands.
100w-IC-746 250Hz filter
N1MM