[3830] NAQP CW NE1RD Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ne1rd@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW NE1RD Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 21:59:57 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: NE1RD
Operator(s): NE1RD
Station: NE1RD

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:
   80:   34    22
   40:   49    25
   20:   49    23
   15:    7     6
   10:   11     6
-------------------
Total:  150    82  Total Score = 12,300

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

I combined the fun of NAQP with a little extra twist. A local
radio club (www.n1nc.org) has a "Lantern Battery Challenge" where
participants are given a single bundle of lantern batteries and we see
who can get the most QSOs out of them. I did S&P on 10m and 15m with
my Elecraft K2. Bands 20-80m were done on my Elecraft KX1. The KX1
drew only 10mA or so on receive. I ran 2 watts or less to my verticals
for the entire contest and put 150 QSOs in the log. There is still
plenty of juice left in the battery! Thanks to all the excellent
operators out there who copied my modest signal.