[3830] NAQP CW N7XU(K4XU) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N7XU(K4XU) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 10:23:21 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: N7XU
Operator(s): K4XU
Station: N7XU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 11
Radios: SO2R

  160:   92    24
   80:   29    20
   40:  267    50
   20:  297    48
   15:  226    47
   10:  154    34
-------------------
Total: 1065   217  Total Score = 237,495

Club: CODXC

Team:

Comments:

I'll be a checklog cuz I mishandled my off time.

Lotsa fun. Had 5 min rates of 300/hr several times on 15 and 20m -- no SO2R
there. Best hour was 183. 10m wasn't so hot and it a waste of time to move
mults up there. Second radio worked well but the Micro2R controller was whacky
again -- would not do the same thing when the left radio was run and right was
S&P. The only solution was altF5. I'm going to trash the microHam and go back
to the old homebrew hard logic controller. I understand it and can fix it when
it breaks.

The last hour and half were spent on 160m across town at WS7N. He has 30 acres,
RX 4- and 8-squares and Beverages. The new inverted L is at 72 feet with 50
radials. It felt strong. Some of the east coast stations like N4AF and NO3M
have really good ears. Many stations trying to run on 160 were like us with
quiet directional RX antennas that can hear well and an omni TX antenna with S9
noise or worse that can't. My apologies to the W6 stations that called while we
were CQing and listening East.

N7XU is not in everyone's database yet ...as judged by some significant pauses
while hunt 'n peckers filled it in. Very few dupes this time, most caused by
me. After the dupe sheet gets past 100Qs it is hard to search wearing bifocals.

Anyway, thanks for letting us play. Next up is ww160cw. See y'all then.

73,
Dick K4XU  ...N7XU in contests