[3830] NAQP SSB WN6K Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, WN6K@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB WN6K Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 20:10:17 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Vista, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 9:30

  160:    0     0
   80:   15     2
   40:  114    33
   20:  164    44
   15:  301    49
   10:  250    35
-------------------
Total:  844   163  Total Score = 137,572

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

What started out as fun...ended up as a slugfest...argh!!! And then I remembered
it WAS a phone contest after all...

I had some good rates on 10/15 but 20/40 just would not garner anything.  I
went to 40 at our sunset and just could never get heard or a rate going.  40
never seemed to get 'long' in my view and maybe there was too much residual
from the solar storm and everything was sounding hashy and unsettled.

Hope others had a better go at it ...

New antenna (DB18)worked fine although I sure hope we have contest with good
conditions to be able to judge more on how it performs.  The last few days it
seems to play just fine on DXing activities but this contest was no judge.

Tired, Hungry and Grumpy - where the hell are the rest of the Seven Dwarfs?

WN6K - Paul