[3830] NAQP SSB NX5M M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nx5m@txcyber.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB NX5M M/2 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 22:58:05 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M, KU5B, N5XJ, KJ5T
Station: NX5M

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   80    29
   80:  248    49
   40:  737    61
   20:  868    62
   15:  727    62
   10:  341    54
-------------------
Total: 3001   317  Total Score = 951,317

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Our goal was 2800 qsos...we surpassed that.  It was difficult to make band
change decisions but for the most part I think we did the right things at the
right times.
The only station issues this time were one 80m antenna that did not want to
work....result of cows tearing up a connector (fixed that in the dark), I
personally connected the 80m phasing lines in reverse but did not discover this
until we went to 80 (yes, I now qualify as inept) and the nortwest 80m beverage
was dead which again was the result of cow damage (fixed 20 minutes after we
got on 80).
80 and 160 numbers were a disappointment.  Those two bands just did not sound
good at all by comparison to the past two years.  Perhaps this was the result
of the CME event.
I guess the only thing that would make this contest better would be if more
North America countries would get on the air.
See everyone next weekend in the CQ 160 CW contest....after that I am taking a
break until the end of March while in the meantime a couple more antennas will
go up and some rotor repair is done on the 20m tower.

73 de NX5M, KU5B, N5XJ, KJ5T