[3830] NAQP SSB NR6O(@N6RO) M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenkeeler@jazznut.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB NR6O(@N6RO) M/2 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 14:06:28 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: NR6O
Operator(s): K3EST N6DW N6RO NQ6N W6NOW WX5S
Station: N6RO

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   63    18
   80:   80    28
   40:  214    49
   20:  388    57
   15:  552    54
   10:  531    45
-------------------
Total: 1828   251  Total Score = 458,828

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Radio Oakley tried M/2 for the first time in 12 years.  The objective was
station familiarization and practice for three new recruits for our M/M team in
the upcoming DX contests.  The "new guys" did a great job, with little help from
the "coaches".  The yagi stacks and K3s played well, and we all learned more of
the 'good and the bad' in N1MM logger.

After the great start on 10 and 15m, I had hoped for about 2000 QSOs, but the
low bands propagation condx did not cooperate. We couldn't get much rate on 20m
until late afternoon, and on 40m until after dark. Nothing on 160m east of the
Mississippi except for NO3M!  Not much better results on 80m. Not much
action/propagation to W1, W2, nor eastern VEs on any band, or was it the bad
WX?

Congrats to the other M2 teams, particularly NX5M - super score!

CU in ARRL DX, N6RO