[3830] NAQP SSB W7IV M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W7IV M/2 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 14:13:23 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: W7IV
Operator(s): W7IV KW7XX N7BT
Station: W7IV

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: WWA
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   16     8
   80:   65    26
   40:  444    58
   20:  647    59
   15:  603    53
   10:  253    34
-------------------
Total: 2028   238  Total Score = 482,664

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Wow, that was a lot of fun!

We operated this contest pretty much with just two of us, because one of of our
regulars "had" to attend the birthday of his 106 year-old mother and the other
"had" to go to work.  Some guys have their priorities in all the wrong places!

We started right out of the block at rates we've never achieved from this QTH
and ran at 130+/hour for the first nine hours...five of those over 220/hour.
The first hour was 250+!  Again, that is huge for us up here in the PNW.  The
last several hours were slow, but we nearly doubled our score from last year
and easily beat our goals.

As with most of the contests this year, it seems everyone has slipped up a band
since 10 has been open. We made 253 Q's on 10 vs. 2 last year, but 80 and 160
suffered.  Ongoing antenna gremlins for 80 and 160 here don't help, but are on
the verge of being fixed.

It would have been great to have a guy for the third radio spotting mults, but
we had our hands full with great (for us) run rates.

There were a lot of casual contesters who came out, as usual, providing
contacts, and we certainly appreciate tham!  Also our friends in the elusive NA
countries and rarer Provinces...thanks for the mults!