[3830] CQ160 CW VO1HP Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VO1HP Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 06:29:51 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VO1HP
Operator(s): VO1HP
Station: VO1HP

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 285  State/Prov = 32  Countries = 41  Total Score = 153,154

Club:

Comments:

Limited optg time - self-imposed for domestic bliss! It seems my new IPTV
wireless router (Brand: 2Wire, Inc. 3800HGV-B Gateway) does not like  the ACOM
1010 running at full power.  It would crash during every exchange causing loss
of TV and internet access.  Sometimes it might recover between Q's depending.
Only after my XYL had retired for the evening on Sat could I really get into
the contest.  Further investigation needed to see if I can mitigate the
problem.  This issue of course meant no cluster access either.  Back to flying
blind like the old days!

Significantly down from last year due to this issue:
QSOs = 504  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 57  Total Score = 360,304

DX QSO's
5B            1
9A            4
C6            2
CE            1
CT            3
DL            25
E7            1
EA            2
EI            1
ES            1
EU            2
F             1
FM            1
G             8
GI            1
GJ            1
GW            1
HA            4
HB            2
I             6
K             120
KP2           1
LA            1
LX            1
LY            6
OE            1
OH            2
OH0           1
OK            13
OM            5
ON            1
OZ            1
PA            6
PJ2           1
S5            9
SM            2
SP            9
UA            11
UA9           1
UR            6
VE            14
YO            1
YU            2
Last night I noticed a significant enhancement of directivity on the K9AY
loops.
During a nice Eu run...stateside callers were well down on the backside of the
loop.  Switching to NW or SW brought S9 sigs from most parts of the US.  I know
this is the way it is supposed to work but last night there was something
different .... the effect was enhanced significantly.

Station:
FT1KMP 1998
ACOM 1010
Inv L