[3830] CQ160 CW W2ID Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W2ID Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 14:20:57 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W2ID
Operator(s): W2ID
Station: W2ID

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NNJ
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 869  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 31  Total Score = 195,134

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Exceeded my previous personal best for this contest. That was not too hard to
do, but it still provides a sense of accomplishment.

The band was quite noisy listening with the inverted-L, and since I had no
receive antenna up, I heard almost no DX at all the first night (other than
Zone 8). Hooked up a low non-terminated random wire for Saturday night.
Not sure if it was the wire or the conditions, or both, but I worked a couple
dozen Europeans and some more Caribbean stations, and not one but two KH6's,
which is a noteworthy accomplishment for 135W from NJ. The receiving wire
brought the noise down from S8-9 to S5-7, which was a very worthwhile
improvement. Couldn't believe how strong LX7I was booming in, along with a few
S57's. Recently purchased some goodies to build four beverages - can't wait to
get those put together, but the reality is it probably won't happen before the
Phone weekend.

Thanks for all the q's, and hope to see everyone in the contest next month!