[3830] CQ160 CW K3TN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K3TN Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 15:24:53 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K3TN
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: K3TN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 5

Total:  QSOs = 345  State/Prov = 51  Countries = 20  Total Score = 65,391

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My theory is that back in the caveman days, when an old caveman hit 50 the
younger cavemen realized the old guy was eating more food than he brought in.
So, in the middle of the night the younger caveman would sneak over to the
sleeping old caveman and bash his brains in. Thus, evolution favors those who,
after age 50, wake up in the middle of the night to prevent their brains from
being bashed in.

Which is good for working 160M contests, too - except for the first night of
the CQ WW 160 where the absorption was such that trying to work EU was like
getting your brains bashed in. However, I woke up just after 0500 on the second
night and EU was booming in. The 6 and 7-land stations could hear me once again
and life was good.

Wasn't on enough to find NE or WY, or KH6/KL7. Nice to have all those
DXpeditions showing up on 160 for the contest.