[3830] BARTG Sprint VA2UP SO Expert HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG Sprint VA2UP SO Expert HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 18:28:22 -0800
                    BARTG RTTY Sprint

Call: VA2UP
Operator(s): VA2UP
Station: VA2UP

Class: SO Expert HP
QTH: Lasalle
Operating Time (hrs): 15
Radios: SO2R

   80:   75    75
   40:  188   188
   20:  335   335
   15:  346   346
   10:  129   129
-----------------
Total: 1073  1073  Mults = 80  Total Score = 515,040

Club: Contest Group du Quebec

Comments:

Fun contest with a couple of glitches. First when I got to the station I
realized I had forgotten my 'necessary' reading glasses at home. So I tried my
best to operate for about an hour but I was beginning to get a serious headake
and decided to go back home and get them (good decision!). So I lost some prime
time there, my fault. Then at about 3:00z another windstorm hit the area. I just
finished fixing up some antenna-rotator problems that occurred just a week ago
in a very unwelcome windstorm. I was more concerned about the wind and possible
damage than the contest and as soon as I was able to position the antennas
northwest to cope with the strong SW winds, I called it quits. Too bad because
I was having a great time. I found mults were hard to find this year. Opening
on 10 was not great from here but at least we got one. 40 and 80 not as good as
I would have hoped for. EU went to bed early it seems and I quit before they got
up the next morning. I found very good NA participation and several new and very
welcome callsigns.
It was a pleasure like always and thanks Bartg for another fun contest.
73, Fabi va2up