[3830] CQ160 CW NE9U Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, skjasper@att.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW NE9U Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 20:19:45 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: NE9U
Operator(s): NE9U
Station: NE9U

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: wi
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 959  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 21  Total Score = 172,536

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Another DXpedition style contest from my middle of nowhere cabin in Florence
County Wisconsin.

Very quiet location (and the K9AY loop worked gangbusters again), but not
enough vertical out of my inverted L (30 feet)  to work much DX...maybe time to
think Balloon out on the frozen lake for next year!

Heard Zero Europe Friday night and only a few Saturday night as the Grayline
passed through Europe.  Couldnt get anyone from Eastern Europe to hear me
although I was hearing them really well for about 15 minutes.  Finally was able
to log a handful from Western Europe as grayline reached that area.  I need more
vertical!!!!!  Especially a big THANKS to DR1A for hanging in there with me to
get the Q in the log.

73

Scott  NE9U

Equipment:

ft1000D
Amp supply LK-500Z
Inverted L (30 vertical)
K9AY Loop (10 feet from waters edge...not very salty though.  :-)