[3830] CQ160 CW NX5M Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bob.nx5m@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW NX5M Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 20:38:52 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M, KU5B, N5XJ, NO5W, K5GN, N5DUW, W5SE
Station: NX5M

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 34

Total:  QSOs = 1188  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 40  Total Score = 308,088

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

What a grind!!!
I am so glad that I had 4 operators the first night and two additional
operators for the second night.  That made it really easy to roll one operator
out and another one in allowing everyone plenty of time to sit back and relax,
visit and rest.
Great to have K5GN back in the country after several years away.  He and N5DUW
drove in Saturday evening/night to help out.
W5SE spent practically the whole weekend here getting his feet wet in
contesting.  For the most part his time was spent observing and listening to
the other seasoned operators.  He even got a little time in the hot seat.
Apologies to ZL3IO that we did not get you into the log.  A setting on the
radio had been changed which made copy difficult.
Very little EU the first night.  The second night was much better but I'd have
to say that it was "just better", not good.  Good signals from JA both mornings
including HL, VK6 and T33.  And a special thanks to WL7E for getting on and
giving us the ONLY KL7 worked the whole weekend.
Band conditions may have been on poor side but we were well fed this weekend.
Hamburgers and sausage Friday night.  Breakfast tacos Saturday morning.  Pizza
and sandwiches for Saturday lunch.  Roast beef and trimmings Saturday night and
bacon and eggs to finish up Sunday morning.  All in all, it was just a fun
weekend with good friends.  Band conditions aside, it just does not get much
better than this.