[3830] CQ160 CW N5AA(@K5NA) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5na@ecpi.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N5AA(@K5NA) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 15:57:59 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N5AA
Operator(s): K5NA,K5DU,W5MJ
Station: K5NA

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 34

Total:  QSOs = 1108  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 32  Total Score = 276,822

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I wasn't feeling up to doing a serious effort this year in the contest. So I
decided that Susan (K5DU) and I would play around in the contest using our
family's club call, N5AA to do a multi-op. The best we expected to do was
part-time.

I called Madison, W5MJ, and asked him if he would be interested in coming over
and taking a turn on the station. And he said, "sure".

Actually Madison ended up doing most of the operating as he stayed up all night
both nights. Otherwise the station would have been quiet through those nights.
He did a terrific job.

Band conditions seemed poor this year during the limited time I was on. But at
least we made a reasonable contribution to the CTDXCC's score.

73, Richard - K5NA