[3830] CQ160 CW N6KI(@W6HCD) Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6ki73@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N6KI(@W6HCD) Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 19:41:39 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N6KI
Operator(s): N6KI
Station: W6HCD

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: ca
Operating Time (hrs): 13.5

Total:  QSOs = 437  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 9  Total Score = 63,379

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

Had S9+ noise at this portable QTH and a 6 ft Diameter Receiving Loop plus K3's
fantastic DSP and a Timewave ANC-4 Noise Reduction unit reduced the noise
from various sources down to maybe S4 at times and condx did not seem too good
as nothing heard from EU, and New England very tough but managed to work all
but 2 states. Though I heard 2 SC stns S&Ping, they never came back to
my CQs and I never heard WV - Also No VE4s or VE5s and only 1 or 2 eastern
Canada stns worked. I eeked out 300+ Qs on Friday night but Saturday night's
returns were dismal with only just over 100 Qs. Frustrating to hear guys
calling under my S4 to S5 noise floor and hope someday to track down the LOCAL
noise sources at the W6HCD hill top sight !