[3830] CQ160 CW DL8ZAW Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, frank@dl8zaw.de
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW DL8ZAW Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 14:49:13 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: DL8ZAW
Operator(s): DL8ZAW
Station: DL8ZAW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: JO40nu
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

Total:  QSOs = 103  State/Prov = 0  Countries = 29  Total Score = 13,630

Club:

Comments:

The plan was to make at least 100 Qs - goal reached.

But:

I have no antenna for 160m - so decided to simply attach some extra wire to the
80m dipole and use the PI filter in the amplifier. Works not very well because
of the height of only 6m to 12m above ground, but the big stations in Europe
could hear me. Unfortunately in the middle of Saturday night the wire broke and
that ruined C4 in my AL-80B with brrrzzz and bad smell - contest was over
Now I need a 500pF, 7.4 KV doorknob and a real antenna...

73 to all who could copy me,

Frank, DL8ZAW