[3830] MnQP VE3KZ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3kz@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] MnQP VE3KZ Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 07:56:54 -0800
                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: VE3KZ
Operator(s): VE3KZ
Station: VE3KZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Milton, ON
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:      14        0
   40:      67       10
   20:      76       79
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
-------------------------
Total:     157       89  Mults = 79  Total Score = 38,868

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

My first participation in the MN QSO Party. After some experience in the QSO
Parties to the south I thought it was time to try one where the snow was on the
ground. I was born only 50 miles from the MN border and the names of many
counties were very familiar. Well it is tougher going north than south even
though the distance to MN from here is very nearly the same as to GA or KS. The
ionosphere is not homogeneous!
A special thank you to the mobiles and the MN QSO Party organizers. Also my
apologies to N0PI and K0PC for inflicting 4 dupes on you. My software was
specially cludged for this event and had some bugs that need correcting before
I try again! I still haven't figured out why my software refuses to acknowledge
ISAnti when I worked it or SCOtt.
Eight of the mobiles were worked more than 10 times with K0PC and W0ZQ leading
with 17 each and N0IJ close behind at 16. N0IJ and K0PC, giving 12 and 11 new
multipliers respectively were the most productive for me.
Congratulations to Kenny K2KW for a great LP score. Glad I'm in a separate
listing but haven't heard from "the usual suspects" in HP yet.
Set up here is a TS-950SDX/AL1200. 20m 204BA at 50 ft, 40m Quarter-wave
vertical, 80m Inverted Vee at 50 ft.
See you all next time!

73 Bob VE3KZ