[3830] NA Sprint SSB K7SS LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dank7ss@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB K7SS LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 09:26:26 -0800
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - February

Call: K7SS
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7SS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: wa
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   20
   40:  123
   20:   97
---------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

Thought I would give 20 a go, checking the FUN factor, to decide if I would do
part of full time. It was GOOD!  fine rate continued on 40 (thanks to new
Steppir 40m dipole element)..

....til about 2 hours in. Then it all changed. Had worked all the regulars,
and
the sprint became a scavenger hunt...combing 40 for anything that moved, and
trying 80 which didnt really get good til the last 30 minutes.

Bumping up against WPX RTTY has made the Feb SSB Sprint a real challenge.
Hopefully with a change of date next year, we can actually have a 'sprint' for
all four hours. Its was probably a matter of conflict for many who would have
joined in, but decided on doing the RTTY.   Feb ssb sprint vs Sep one really
shows the participation difference, and moving the Feb to a less conflicted
date should really help next time.

HIGHLIGHTS: Last hour scouring produced some super mults...NP2 WV VE4 ID KP4
            No "city QRN" this time.
            Great condx on 20 and 40.
            Computer logging...(yes!)
            worked PJ2, but did not count it as a mult

73 and thanks for the Qs..

Dan K7SS