[3830] RTTY WPX N6WG SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6wg@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX N6WG SOAB QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 17:59:35 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: nEWARK ca
Operating Time (hrs): 33

------------
   80:   58
   40:   64
   20:   40
   15:   78
   10:   82
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first shot at a big time RTTY contest, and I wasn't sure just what
to expect.  I certainly enjoyed myself, especially after seeing low sunspot
numbers before the contest started.  Wound up with my largest number of Qs on
10m!.  I didn't pay enough atention to hours operated, so I know I'm going to
lose some points when the judges massage my log.  I'm still pleased with what I
accomplished, though.

I'm getting better at managing TTY QSOs, but I still fumble finger the keyboard
at times.  Missed a couple of Qs because my mouse click missed transferring the
call to the entry window of N1MM.  This will improve with practice, though.

I started out with a goal of 100 Qs, and maybe 10,000 points.  I blew through
that early Saturday morning, so I decided to see just how far I could push
things with my mighty 5 watts and wire antennas (plus my 10m beam).  I noticed
parallels with cw contests, in that some stations with huge signals couldn't
hear, and other just above ESP levels would come right back to my first calls.
So far, nothing new in this contesting business :-)

I was delighted to work both Morocco and Senegal, totally unexpected.
Otherwise, my contacts were with the usual suspects.  I think this RTTY
contesting could become habit-forming.

Thanks to all for the Qs and the patience to wait through several repeats of my
numbers.  Hope to see you all in the next RTTY contest.

73, Bob N6WG
The Little Station with Attitude