[3830] RTTY WPX KL7RA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX KL7RA SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 22:15:35 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): 29

------------
   80:   24
   40:   90
   20:  388
   15:  670
   10:  277
------------

Club:

Comments:

Started on time but only after a frantic setup to RTTY mode. I only use N1MM for
RTTY a few times a year and have never really read the manual, I don't need no
stinking manual, so the occasional delays anyone heard from my station were due
to me and the software discussing the operational techniques unique to RTTY
contesting and this contest. In a civilized adult way of course although the
beatup keyboard may disagree with that.

I'm not alone in this. I hear reversed mark/space, wrong messages or dead
silence and other assorted op error screw ups in RTTY contests. This mode is
growing leaps and bounds and I find it a lot more fun then SSB already or at
least I will once I read the manual.

Ten wasn't as good as I hoped, 20 was open all night and probably the band to
be on for Europe mults but 15 USA was loud and fast. 40 and 80 were noisy here
and easy to ignore even with the double points but both bands really had plenty
of activity.

73 Rich KL7RA Next up ARRL CW where I actually know the software.