[3830] ARRLDX CW NW3H SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, NW3H@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW NW3H SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 16:21:12 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: NW3H
Operator(s): NW3H
Station: NW3H

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Skippack, PA
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:  151    67
   20:  101    52
   15:  134    67
   10:   25    20
-------------------
Total:  411   206  Total Score = 253,998

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

This was a total search and pounce effort and my first real CW Contest where I
actually knew what I was doing :-)  I will preface by saying that I am not a CW
op and use CW Get along with N1MM and using a keyboard and my IC-7600 to send
the code with the built in keyer.  Thanks to Doug W3CF for getting me
interested last year in working CW.  Now I am hooked.  Just have to continue to
work on the code on this end.  Maybe someday I will be able to turn CW Get off.
Band conditions were ok but not as good as in CQWW SSB or CW last year. 10
meters was disappointing. I heard no EU at all when I was on. Hope they improve
for ARRL DX Phone in two weeks.  Once again for my Cushcraft R-8 vertical with
800 watts out, 40 and 15 meters were the best again for me and surprised at how
I did on 20 meters. I had a problem with my 80 meter dipole and will need to
replace it or find a new 80 meter solution.  Heard DX but could not get through
the QRM. That hurt my score big time so it is at the top of the improvement list
for next time.

See you in the pileups in two weeks for phone!  73.