[3830] ARRLDX CW V31TP M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rb@austin.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW V31TP M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 16:37:53 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: V31TP
Operator(s): WC0W, K5PI, N7MH
Station: V31TP

Class: M/S HP
QTH: San Ignacio, Belize
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  294    47
   80:  753    58
   40: 1119    59
   20: 1483    60
   15: 1535    60
   10: 1182    59
-------------------
Total: 6366   343  Total Score = 6,543,411

Club:

Comments:

Thanks to John WC0W (V31TP) and the good folks at Cahal Pech Resort for hosting
us again.  We used our usual Field Day style setup with a A3S, inverted vee for
40/80, HF2V vertical for 160 and a 250' beverage.  We had a pair of K3s, an
AL-80B, and some pretty weak power service.  :-)  We struggled with computers
for quite a while this year -- thanks to N2IC for the emergency assistance.
And note to all:  anti-spyware software can cause serious problems!  We had a
few crashes during the contest, and an 80M antenna that briefly went haywire
when came in contact with a clothesline, but otherwise everything went well.

We were very pleased to have N7MH join us this year -- outstanding job, Mike!
But we were saddened with the passing of a former V31TP teammate, W5ZL, just
before we left.  Gary was an terrific op and a barrel of laughs too.  We miss
you, OM!