[3830] ARRLDX CW VE1ZA SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, noahr@eastlink.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VE1ZA SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 17:02:00 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE1ZA
Operator(s): VE1ZA
Station: VE1ZA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Halifax
Operating Time (hrs): 12.5

  160:    9     8
   80:   50    24
   40:  132    34
   20:  261    43
   15:  147    41
   10:   26    78
-------------------
Total:  625   170  Total Score = 318,240

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

What a blast!  I like this contest more and more, especially since VE1
is a mult.  I was just planning for a few hours but, conditions were
really interesting.  I worked  several 5W QRP stations: S54AA, OK3C-3
bands, SP4FR, DL1JQD, HG6C, HB9DAX--wonderful.  Had JA's calling me on
20m!  I did 98% running with would you believe, an old TS-520S running
50-100W that I just fixed up with a 500 Hz CW filter.  The receiver is a
dream--smooth on the ears and the rejection is great. The EU pile ups
were fantastic, many deep.  I may put the FT-1000 aside for a while.
My 40m elevated vertical fell after some sticky snow got too it., so I
could not capitalize on 40m as much as I wished.  In the end I stuck
in there for a bunch of hours to give the VE1 Mult.  Again, great
contest and this one is added to my yearly favorite contests.

Thanks to; all for hearing my TS-520S!! and the QRP guys.

Tony
VE1ZA