[3830] ARRLDX CW N2MM SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2mm@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N2MM SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 21:44:24 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N2MM
Operator(s): N2MM
Station: N2MM

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 39

  160:   24    20
   80:  204    74
   40:  514    96
   20:  679   107
   15:  814   109
   10:  121    68
-------------------
Total: 2356   474  Total Score = 3,350,232

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I climbed the tower on Wed. before the contest to put up an inverted vee for 80.
It was resonant in cw at 35 feet, bout at 100+ feet, it was resonant in SSB. No
problem...I just used my trusty MFJ 989c tuner. Everything worked great until
the last 15minutes of the contest. I was switching from band to band working
mults, remembering to use the tuner for 80cw. I guess I was a bit tired. I
forgot to switch the tuner out for 10m, 15m, & 20m. Smoked the tuner well! At
least I won't need a tuner for SSB...

I should have spent more time on 10m on Sat. Sunday was a total bust. I had
noise on every band on Sunday. It sounded like band noise. I had to keep the
pre-amp off just to hear. Sensitivity was ok, but it sounded like 10m & 15m as
the band begins to die. I wonder if anyone else experienced this problem.

Lost 2 rotors...and lots of time just to check if the antennas were pointed
correctly. Of course this method doesn't work after dark....lol

Never heard VU, but got calls from 9N1AA and YB0ALL on 20m.

Thanks for the qsos.