[3830] ARRLDX CW GW6W(GW0ETF) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW GW6W(GW0ETF) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 03:37:34 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: GW6W
Operator(s): GW0ETF
Station: GW6W

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Gwynedd
Operating Time (hrs): 19.5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1020    59
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1020    59  Total Score = 177,000

Club:

Comments:

K3/Acom 1000 and a vertical wire Moxon beaming west.

20m didn't get going here until 11.30-12.00 on both days although the 'usual'
calls were workeable well before that on Saturday morning. Conditions didn't
seem all that good but some good action on the first day with some decent runs
and it stayed open until around 2230. Sunday was painfully quiet until a bit of
a spike just before the band died at around 2100; it was a rush to get them in
the log while the band was audibly collapsing, or at least moving down to South
America. I just managed to move the counter to 1000 good Qs before the curtain
came down...

Had quite a few repeat callers including from a couple of the big established
US stations. I was also called occasionally by EU contesters thinking I was
game; one mentioned me as NW6W so I decided to check the Reverse Beacon Network
later and found several skimmers reporting me as NW6W..! Only about 50 spots in
total but all from skimmers that didn't appear in the list for GW6W. If it was
a case of a missing leading 'dit' I would be looking at my amp timing/qsk etc
but dropping a dash is a little extreme and my call was always sent in 2s
anyway.

Needless to say, and in spite of the clickers, it was fun. Thanks for the
contacts....

73,

Stewart, GW0ETF (@GW6W)