[3830] ARRLDX CW NA2U SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cwman1@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW NA2U SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 04:58:05 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: NA2U
Operator(s): NA2U
Station: NA2U

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:  103    46
   20:  118    46
   15:  262    76
   10:   90    40
-------------------
Total:  573   208  Total Score = 357,552

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Murphy struck here during the ARRL RTTY Roundup last month taking out my PRO
III, my vertical dipole switch box, and leaving my AL-80B in some weird psycho
state.  My participation in this contest would not have been possible without
the generosity of Mickey, K5ML, who loaned me his spare PRO III and 30-L1 amp.
THANKS, Mickey.

To put the cherry on top of this hardware lineup is my trusty crap dipole, a
multi-band 80m-10m affair at 58" (about 1.5m) above the ground, that still
boggles my mind.  Sunspots, of course, help.

A couple of highlights in this one.  Working VP9/W6PH on the first call on 40m
early Friday night ranks really high with the rate he was working.  Been doing
that with Kurt for years and it still works.  Another was working NH2DX on 10m
Sunday afternoon on the FIRST call in a pileup.  His was one of the strongest
signals I heard all weekend and for the crap dipole a pretty good catch.
Another was working DV1/JO7KMB on 40m Sunday morning before he was spotted.
His signal was pretty weak here and the dipole didn't help.  The major
disappointment was not being able to get a run going.  I think I had one
station answer my CQ.  Relied on search and pounce, click and pounce, and
Sunday, as usual, scratch and claw.  No 80m, I took a quick listen and thought
NO.

I thought it unusual when I worked a station signing "AK" for power.  Logged it
as it was sent.  Worked him again later, same thing.  Then, I heard a second guy
sign "AK".  What is THAT about?

Still adjusting to DX in the desert.  Thanks for all who worked me, especially
those who were VERY patient as they tried to copy my call and/or number.

73 from the desert,

Fred/NA2U