[3830] ARRLDX CW KA3DRR(@W6SL) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ka3drr@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KA3DRR(@W6SL) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 07:02:31 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KA3DRR
Operator(s): KA3DRR
Station: W6SL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 26.0

  160:    0     0
   80:   26    18
   40:  211    51
   20:   90    44
   15:  244    54
   10:   64    24
-------------------
Total:  635   191  Total Score = 360,990

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Missed opening hours on the high bands such as 15m and 20m however managed
Friday night on 40m before resuming on Saturday morning.

Experienced phenomenal west-to-east conditions for the first time on 20m and
15m into Europe through Saturday afternoon. Ten meter path was north-to-south
through both days in contrast 40m was exceptional into Asia on Sunday morning
to include 80m north-to-south path as well.

Fifteen and 40m produced both in terms of Qs and multipliers through Saturday
and Sunday however Sunday high band conditions were not as noteworthy as
Saturday. Our west-to-east pathway on Sunday morning on the high bands like 20
and 15m did not remain open very long neither was it as stable coming off of
Saturday's exceptional conditions. Ten meters did not open into major
population centers such as Japan and/or Europe through the weekend.

80m dipole listened to the level of 100 watts while the 3L 40m listened to the
level of 5 watts into Asia. Additionally, the 6L 20m listened to the level of
100 watts while the 6L 15m listened to the level of 1 watt into Japan. Lastly,
without a sustained rate into Asia or Europe, the 5L 10m listened to the level
of 100 watts into Central/South America.

I want to thank John, W6SL for allowing me to operate his stellar station this
weekend.

73, Scot KA3DRR

Icom 756 Proiii
Alpha 89