[3830] ARRLDX CW W4PK SOSB/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4PK@ARRL.NET
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W4PK SOSB/80 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 07:36:06 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 10.5

  160:
   80:  247    58
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  247    58  Total Score = 41,760

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Mostly search and pounce although I did try my hand at running some.  Copy was
rough and this cw-challenged operator often had to ask for repeats.  I kept
asking for repeats from one station in Northern Ireland and I thought he was
sending just "5" and I finally logged him but that cannot be right.

I was using a 4-square running 1KW but my Beverages often were better to Europe
as well as Asia for copying some stations.  Late in the day on Sunday we were
experiencing a snow-storm and snow static on the 4-square was S-9 so I
exclusively used my NE Beverage.

No Internet this year since the rules do not allow it for single-band entry.

Thanks to all for putting up with my having to ask for repeats.  I had fun and
operating single-band 80 left me with time for other commitments during the
daylight hours.

73, Sam W4PK