[3830] ARRLDX CW N1DC SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N1DC SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 08:46:27 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Braintree MA  (EMA)
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    1     1
   80:   59    34
   40:  114    52
   20:  378    78
   15:  259    79
   10:   67    31
-------------------
Total:  878   275  Total Score = 724,350

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Great fun again!  Trying for a repeat win in SOAB LP for EMA. Rebuilt my HyGain
Explorer 14 following Hurricane Irene damage and it played very well with much
improved SWR.

Started relatively slow Friday PM but had a much better Saturday ending with
500 Q's before bed.  Sunday was a real blast with my first ever decent run on
20M for about 2 hours. I worked 158. Finally found an open frequency (14.085)to
EU in between some big guns in the USA and EU.  I never expected the be heard so
well and had signal reports of S9+10db with my 100W.

10M was disappointing again with one ZL and Caribbean/SA QSO's. I worked one OM
station and one EA with the antenna pointed due south. Never head anyone else
from EU despite multiple attempts.

20 and 15M were the money bands for me this year. Great S&P multipliers totals
on Saturday followed by some running on Sunday.

Highlights for me: VK7GN long path on 20M, V51YJ in a massive pileup on the
first call, HP1WW pileup on 15M on the first call, YV8AD pileup on 15M on the
first call, and multiplier #275 (J38A on 40M) with only 7 minutes left.

Station:  TenTec Omni 7 @ 100W,  HyGain Explorer 14 @ 30ft,  80/40M dipoles at
35ft fed with ladder line,  HP Pavillion PC running CT (still works!)

Thanks for all the QSO's

73  Rick  N1DC  (Braintree MA)