[3830] ARRLDX CW OP4K SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW OP4K SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 09:28:07 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: OP4K
Operator(s): OP4K
Station: OP4K

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Antwerp
Operating Time (hrs): 13h53

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  546    57
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  546    57  Total Score = 93,366

Club: Antwerp Contest Club (ACC)

Comments:

Winter left it's trace, the 160m antenna broke and the 80m dipole is up to
renewal. Unfortunately the weather was so cold not permitting any repair. So
not many choices were left deciding on what band to operate. With the
propagation going down last week, I decided for 20m SO. Saturday was fine band
opened early around 10.00Z (11.00 locally), closed quite late 21.20Z (22.20
locally) and my log showed 422 Q's. This was not too bad but Sunday was a
different story. Some G1 storm affected the propagation and slowed everything
down resulting in a total of 546 Q's. Worked on other bands as well to fill the
time and 15m was pretty nice with some good runs. Later in the evening went on
40m but the noise level was high resulting in many repeats or stations just
calling and not listening. Besides that a station decided to come on my
frequency without ascertainment if it was or not in use. Ham spirit and/or lack
of DX Code Of Conduct??? Anyhow it was fun and that's the goal in a contest.

Next contest is this coming weekend, the UBA cw. Hope to work some of you
again.

Setup
Yeasu FTDX-5000mp
Acom 2000A