[3830] ARRLDX CW KL7RA M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KL7RA M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 09:44:45 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): AL7IF KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   71    27
   80:  407    48
   40:  318    49
   20: 1062    56
   15: 1060    58
   10:  695    54
-------------------
Total: 3619   292  Total Score = 3,168,492

Club:

Comments:

Decided on Multi-single and a goal of 4000 Q's with 300 mults and at halftime we
were well on our way with FB rates on all bands and 280 mults until the sky
turned bright green above Fairbanks with aurora.

Being this far south here on the Kenai peninsula this usually doesn't bother
us but it does absorb the low bands and crushed any hope of hitting the 4000
mark after the first night. Topband was dead quiet using my full size 1/4
vertical for receive which is very rare. My logging program wouldn't allow me
to log "ESP Colorado" after a station pass from 80 to 160 so I changed it to
339 which almost means the same thing anymore. Very high 150-170+ rates on
20-10 after daylight Sunday but we couldn't make up the damage from low to zero
hours on 160-40 all night.

Thanks to Wigi, AL7IF for flying down to do this and cooking the post
contest "too much food and (drink)" dinner. It was fun. With these new
coffee machines that make one cup at a time I can report between the two
of us we drank 31 cups. Next up 160 SSB.

73 Rich KL7RA