[3830] ARRLDX CW VE7XF SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VE7XF SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 15:01:18 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE7XF
Operator(s): VE7XF
Station: VE7XF

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: near Vancouver
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:    5     3
   80:   24    14
   40:   64    31
   20:  276    73
   15:  341    75
   10:   91    38
-------------------
Total:  801   234  Total Score = 562,302

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Unfortunately, I didn't read the new rules, and missed the 'Unlimited' class,
which probably would have helped the mult totals. Seems that I missed a lot
that others worked. There were very few that I heard but didn't work.

No Eu worked on 40m, and the few Eu worked on 10m were over the pole and
fluttery in the afternoon at their midnight. On 20 and 15, Eu began and ended
on a skewed path of about 120 degrees, instead of the normal 30 degrees.

Mostly S&P - I enjoy hunting mults. I couldn't get any substantial runs going,
except to JA. The few Eu runs I did manage were plagued by many weak sigs all
calling on the same frequency, obviously clicked upon in the cluster. We need a
Q signal to tell them to spread out. Maybe Ward can help. Very few worked in the
Pacific area. All 6 bands only from JA and KH6.

N1MM, K3 and the KPA500, which doesn't keep the shack nearly warm enough. The
money I save powering the amp is spent on supplying the electric heater. Maybe
next year I'll have an SB-220 running just to keep me warm :-)

Ralph, VE7XF