[3830] ARRLDX CW W2FU M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W2FU M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 20:18:12 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W2FU
Operator(s): WB2ABD,K0SM,N2CU,K2TJ,N2PP,NM2O,W2FU
Station: W2FU

Class: M/M HP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  145    52
   80:  754    95
   40: 1478   120
   20: 2025   134
   15: 1884   135
   10:  348    95
-------------------
Total: 6634   631  Total Score = 12,463,512

Club:

Comments:

Interesting contest for us.  Conditions not great anywhere, but the Aurora
enhanced nightime 10 and 15 meter polar stuff was fun. We were going to do M/2
until about 15 minutes before the contest, but decided to just go for it and do
what we can do. Pretty much 1 op/band.  We are not unhappy at all with the
results, nobody got alot of sleep.

160- K3 - AL1500 - Vertical, Beverages, RX 4SQ - WB2ABD
80 - 2xK3 - Alpha 87A - 4 Sq, Beverages, RX 8 circle - K0SM/W2FU
40 - 2xK3 - Alpha 99 - 4x4, RX 4SQ - N2CU
20 - 2xK3 - Alpha 78 - 5x5x5, RX 4SQ - K2TJ
15 - 2xK3 - Alpha 99 - 5x5x5, RX 4SQ - N2PP
10 = 765PROIII - AL800H - 6x6x7 - NM2O

Everyone helped out where they could manning the 2nd radio occasionally, but
there were times when open bands had nobody to operate.  Everyone did a great
job. Problems were minimal, and all our hardwork with the new 40 meter beams
and RX antenna stuff all seemed to have paid off.  Interstation interference
continues to get better every contest, and this weekend, seemed completely
under control.

I can't wait for warmer weather to start on the todo list, and get to next
season.

Jeff - W2FU