[3830] CQ160 SSB W4SVO Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4svo@att.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB W4SVO Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 10:42:17 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: W4SVO
Operator(s): W4SVO
Station: W4SVO

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 10.5

Total:  QSOs = 352  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 20  Total Score = 62,790

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

I could not operate full time as I have only been home from the hospital 4 days.
I have been in this contest for over 25 years. This was some of the worst condx
I can think of. Signals at time were at esp level, especially into Europe and
western states. Also there is no DX window anymore so as some said it is hard
to hear Europe thru all the stateside qrm, especilly when condx are poor. It
would be nice to set a window of 15-25 khz. dedicated for DX stations outside
of NA to work us, and I mean no carribean and central america! It would make it
more fun and give the smaller stations an oportunity to work DX. Only the big
stations and the ones in the NE are able to work these stations. Anyway just
some thoughts. Mark W4SVO