[3830] CQ160 SSB WD5R Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wd5r@ozarkisp.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB WD5R Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 11:31:06 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: WD5R
Operator(s): WD5R
Station: WD5R

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ar
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 656  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 13  Total Score = 101,154

Club:

Comments:

Over the years Marlene has obviously slowed down a little.
This last fall for instance I had to help her cut
and haul in our winter wood supply.
Also she is already demanding that I repair her
motorized plow for the spring garden work.

Marlene took the hot seat for start of the contest
and I took a comfortable spot in the living room,
wanting to be well rested when  Marlene gave up.

Little activity for first hour or so, but then
things picked up and the action obviously
touched Marleneâ??s competitive nature.

As the evening went on I was surprised to notice
that it sounded like I had a 30 year old â??sweat thingâ??
in the chair instead of my sweet 74 yr old.

Guys, you were making it so much fun for Marlene,
we decided to let her do the contest single and unassisted.

And when we say â??unassistedâ??, we mean by the rule book.

Weâ??ve said it before, â??If you would like to visit,
just give us an email. â?? If you would like to come
by during a 160 contest, no notice required.
Just bring your own power meter.
Weâ??ll be home.

Oh,
only S52OP and CT3DL got through the East Coast  fog.

Doug,  n5ect
For Marlene,
the real WD5R